Saturday, February 18, 2017

The haps

It's been a busy string of weeks.  Here's the low-down:

- Basketball is over, so we get our evenings/weekends back.... until soccer starts on the 20th!  Both boys really enjoyed playing and advanced their skills and teamwork immensely.

- Evan's team lost in the semi-final round of the tournament; we haven't heard whether they'll end up third or fourth.  Either way, his last game was one of his best!  He had the ball several times, and once he was confident enough to do quite a bit of dribbling!  Compare that with every other time he's gotten the ball this season, when his dearest desire was to get rid of it.  He did great!  He also got fouled and took his first free throw shots, making one of them!


Evan shoots free throws!.

(How I wish I had let the video record a few more seconds!  But I was in a hurry to clap and jump!)

- The baked milk process is having mixed results.  He was eating things regularly, and would frequently indicate that he could tell by the way he felt that something had milk in it, but never threw up or had any discomfort that lasted more than a few minutes.  After two weeks or so of eating stuff every day, he felt a fair bit worse after eating a cupcake.  Was it that particular recipe?  Was the oven not fully at 350 degrees?  Was it oversaturation and his body was asking for a break?  Whatever the reason, we took a little time off.  For the past week we've been munching on brownies made with lactose-free milk, and only after we finished the pan did I tell him they had milk in them.  He was shocked, indicating that he never had even a moment's discomfort from them.  This week we'll have more brownies, one batch made again with the lactose free milk and the same recipe made with regular milk.  Stay tuned...

- School is going fine.  Grady is reading really well, and Evan is buzzing right along in his subjects.

- Evan has been off both his ADHD med (non-stimulant guanfacine/Intuniv) and the other one, and is doing great.  I'm keeping in touch with the teachers to hopefully stay on top of any drops in focus.

- Grady spent a week without screens and rediscovered Candyland and drawing.

- Evan completed his level I leadership training at Life Ki-do, and started level II.  I started level I, and have helped in Evan's class (fun!) and both he and I have been leaders in Grady's class (double fun!).

No comments:

Post a Comment